Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pesto Pasta Perfect

I love Chef Sau Del Rosario. I'm a big fan of his. He's enjoyable, wacky, sincere. Not to mention, one of the most talented, innovative, and creative chefs in our country. He's also very generous when it comes to sharing his expertise and foodie know-how.

One Sunday morning while having brunch at M Cafe, I tried this one-of-a-kind pesto pasta dish and loved the tinge of Filipino taste infused in it. When asked about it, Chef Sau enthusiastically shared this recipe with me.


PESTO PASTA WITH KESONG PUTI

Ingredients:

olive oil
½ bulb of garlic, pounded
¼ cup of tuyo flakes (leave 1 tsp. for topping later)
½ cup of kesong puti, diced (leave some for topping later)
1 whole bottle of pesto in olive oil (best homemade or I suggest the one from Conti’s or any good brand you prefer)
¼ cup of kasuy nuts, grounded
angel hair pasta

Procedure:

Cook angel hair pasta and put some olive oil (so it won’t stick). Set aside.

Fry garlic in olive oil until medium brown. Add tuyo flakes until cooked and crunchy. Pour in the pesto, mix and bring to a boil. Add the kesong puti until a bit melted. Season with salt and pepper and you may also add a dash or two of Italian seasoning.

Toss in the angel hair pasta in the mixture and transfer to a serving dish. Top with kesong puti, tuyo flakes and kasuy nuts. Serve while hot.



Everytime I serve it, I also get asked about the recipe so do try it!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I suppose you've tried it? It's always a hit. =)

    ReplyDelete